Well, Emma has really enjoyed playing basketball. I have tried getting this post done a few times, and maybe this time I will actually get it done. The things that I love most about watching Emma's games are:
- the times when there are 10 girls under the net and they all reach for the ball after it rebounds, sometimes shooting 4-5 times right there in a huddle until the other team takes it, OR they score a basket.
- seeing how seriously Emma plays, and how hard she works for her team
- seeing Emma develop one of her talents that she inherited from Jeff
- seeing Jeff get into the game and yell things like "Lay-up!" (he played basketball in high school)
- leaving Jacob at home so he doesn't embarrass us with his outrageously loud comments ("The score is 22 to 14; there's NO WAY the other team is going to catch up!" in his booming voice, amidst a bleacher full of family members of both teams some of whom are in our ward, but not on our team). However, Emma likes it when Jacob is there because of his outrageous methods of cheering--still, she's on the court, not sitting next to him. :)
5 comments:
how amazing is your Emma!!! I had no idea that she was playing basketball. I don't know why. I am so out of the loop on everything these days. But that impresses me very much. She does seem very serious in the pictures. I can see her going far with determination like that. WAY TO GO EMMA!
And the pictures are cute...but unfortunately blury. You do indeed need a new camera. Tell Emma she's freaking amazing and that her favorite aunt (am I still?) is hecka proud of her!
as for Jacob saying "there's no way the other team will ever catch up." yeh...that's my role at Jay's soccer games. I have found myself more than not saying things loudly and slightly rude completely oblivious to those around me who can also hear my lovely comments. Oh well, though. It was entertaining.
oh, and for action shots with any camera, it's hard NOT to get a blury photo. However, despite which camera you end up getting you can get a high speed memory card that will speed up the reading/writing speed which helps with less blury photos. as does the image stabilization feature. So if sports are a common thing you are taking pictures of...look for those things.
Gee, Becca that is like a comment John would make and know all about how to clean up the photos and all.
Emma looks awesome. I will have to show Ruth and Kate. They enjoy seeing their cousins. I really like this blog stuff. I get to keep better in touch with everyone and I am finally keeping a bit of a journal.
This comment is from Emma.I think Emma is like the most awesome basketball player on the court and she knows her stuff. Oh, and what my Mom says about me liking Jacobs rude comments;Its not true! I just like it when he yells something like "Go Emma!" Oh it was so funny because one time the defence tripped me and she thought that she would get the ball but instead I fell on her teamates, making them all fall down. As for the ball, it went out her teammates head. It was so freakin' awesome. Oh yeah, hi gramma! I love you all. Well goodbye.
Way to go Emma! I'm glad you get to do something you love and are good at. I STUNK at basketball. No, I should probably say STINK because I'm sure it hasn't changed. But I did spend many a night at my brothers' games. That's so fun. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment